In addition to Dolly Parton, we just lost Tim Curry. I had a look at his memoir that came out last year. It’s quite good.
At least Mel Brooks is (a) still alive and (b) just organized a film festival celebrating his birthday by showcasing his 20 favourite movies (only one of which, The Twelve Chairs, is a Mel Brooks movie.)
At least Mel Brooks is (a) still alive and (b) just organized a film festival celebrating his birthday by showcasing his 20 favourite movies (only one of which, The Twelve Chairs, is a Mel Brooks movie.)
no subject
Date: 2026-08-26 06:33 pm (UTC)From:Well, thank God. (It looks like a great set of choices.)
no subject
Date: 2026-08-26 07:15 pm (UTC)From:(and NatO *is* a good accessible Marx Bros movie to start with--it was the first one I ever watched, and it still holds up)
no subject
Date: 2026-08-26 11:41 pm (UTC)From:Now, I need to see the Twelve Chairs and Three Men in a Boat (Tim Curry film).
I also looked at Curry's memoir last year - in audiobook, didn't get all the way through - he was reading it himself, (which proved problematic in places). But I'd agree, it's good.
no subject
Date: 2026-08-26 11:47 pm (UTC)From: